A non |
B non |
O non |
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
This is delicious and nutritious, using bananas, which are the key to a creamy smoothie for O nons!
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A Non Secretor (4 beneficials)
- Type B (3 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (5 beneficials)
- Type O (5 beneficials)
- Type O Non Secretor (5 beneficials)
- 1 cup of 100% pineapple or black cherry juice
- 3 to 4 Tablespoons of 100% almond butter
- 2 medium-sized, ripe bananas
- 1 cup of frozen blueberries (or cherries, if you prefer)
- Optional: For added sweetness (although the bananas give it the perfect sweetness, IMHO, but for little children who might like more, or those with a sweet tooth), add a tablespoon of 100% concord grape concentrate.
How to make it:
- Blend all in a blender until smooth and creamy.
- For a thicker, ice-creamy texture, use more almond butter and less juice.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Hint: You can click on the arrows  at top of the table(s) to sort by columns.
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Almond/Almon...||1|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|
|Banana||1 ,2|| A|| N|| A|| A|| B|| N|| B|| B|
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
Fruit/ Fruit Juice Product(s)
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be high in chitinase, an allergen.
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
Cook Right For Your Type is the definitive cookbook for those following the Blood Type Diet. When using any recipe, always check it for avoids and make the appropriate adjustments where necessary. The Blood Type Diet Recipe Database has recently been greatly enhanced. Also, the food lists changed somewhat a few years ago, and all recipes in the database may not reflect those changes in terms of the blood types for which the recipes are recommended.
Volunteer Blood Type Diet Forums Members are working to review and update all the recipes to take advantage of all the new features and food lists. Please be patient until the process has been completed.
Click here to go to the BTD Forums - Cook Right 4 Your Type board to discuss this recipe.
- Revised May 23, 2011 at 09:28 PM By: Joe