Blood Type Diet Recipe
ADZUKI BEAN CASSEROLE
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
A beanie winter casserole.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (11 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (6 beneficials)
- Type O (6 beneficials)
- 125 grams dried Adzuki beans
- 1 medium carrot sliced
- green beans
- 1 medium onion
- 1 medium slice pumpkin
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 medium parsnip
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 dessert spoon miso
- swiss chard or spinach
- Large sprig of parsley
- small amount soy sauce for seasoning
How to make it:
- In a medium sized casserole dish dissolve miso with boiling water.
- Add Adzuki beans (these can be freshly cooked or frozen, however it is best to thaw first if possible).
- Stir in rolled oats, paprika and herbs.
- Chop vegetables and onion into medium sized dice and add to casserole.
- Cover with water and cook in the oven at 160c for 1 3/4 hours.
- Stir a couple of times during cooking and taste to adjust seasoning.
- It may need thickening before serving use a small amount of cornflour or arrowroot, mixing in water first.
- This is wonderful served with brown rice or fresh spelt & rye bread drizzled with a little olive oil.
- This recipe is an ideal quantity for 2.
- Any vegetables may be used but I find the sweeter root vegetables go with Adzuki's the best.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Miso|| 1 || B|| B|| B|| N|| A|| A|| N|| A|
|Soy Sauce|| 3 || B|| N|| N|| N|| A|| A|| N|| A|
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may have a high mold count.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help the body to detoxify.
 This recipe uses ingredients which are high in phytates.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print:
- Revised Oct 04, 2007 at 05:10 PM By: Rodney