A non |
B non |
O non |
Hearby Soy Bean Casserole"
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
Healthy winter casserole.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (10 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (5 beneficials)
- Type AB (6 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (4 beneficials)
- Type O (5 beneficials)
- 125 grams dried soy beans
- 2 teaspoons miso
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup frozen/fresh peas
- 1 medium turnip
- 6 leaves bok choy (or collards)
- 2 medium carrots
- 2 medium slices pumpkin
- small zucchini
- 1 medium onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon parsley (as much as you like)
- 1 teaspoon tarragon
- 1 teaspoon thyme
How to make it:
- Once soy beans are cooked, drain and rinse.
- In a medium sized casserole dish dissolve 1 teaspoon of miso with boiling water.
- Add soy beans.
- Add rolled oats and stir.
- Chop or medium dice the vegetables, slice the onion, crush garlic and add to casserole.
- Top up with water and add the herbs.
- Taste halfway though cooking and add more herbs accordingly.
- Cook at 150c oven for at least 2hours.
- Stir occasionally and after 1-1/2hours check the flavour of the stock.
- At this stage I have found it necessary to add the other spoon of miso.
- Serve hot.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Hint: You can click on the arrows  at top of the table(s) to sort by columns.
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in glucosinolates.
 This recipe uses ingredients which are high in phytates.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
Cook Right For Your Type is the definitive cookbook for those following the Blood Type Diet. When using any recipe, always check it for avoids and make the appropriate adjustments where necessary. The Blood Type Diet Recipe Database has recently been greatly enhanced. Also, the food lists changed somewhat a few years ago, and all recipes in the database may not reflect those changes in terms of the blood types for which the recipes are recommended.
Volunteer Blood Type Diet Forums Members are working to review and update all the recipes to take advantage of all the new features and food lists. Please be patient until the process has been completed.
Click here to go to the BTD Forums - Cook Right 4 Your Type board to discuss this recipe.
- Revised Nov 25, 2007 at 06:17 PM By: Lola