Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
A tasty meatless loaf
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (6 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (4 beneficials)
- Type AB (3 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (2 beneficials)
- 3/4 cup brown lentils
- 1/2 dessert-spoon miso
- 1 medium carrot
- 5cm piece zucchini
- 1 small apple
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 dessert-spoons tahini [or BTD compliant substitute]
- soy sauce [or wheat-free tamari]
- breadcrumbs [try Ezekiel bread]
How to make it:
- Soak brown lentils in water for about 1 to 2 hours (this is not necessary but does reduce the cooking time).
- Drain, rinse, and put into a medium saucepan, cover well with water, and bring to the boil.
- Add the miso.
- Simmer for about 30 minutes, they need to be very tender.
- Drain and reserve stock.
- Preheat oven to 160C or 325 degrees F.
- Mash lentils in a bowl, it doesn't matter if they are not all completely mashed leaving some whole adds to the texture.
- Grate carrot, zucchini and apple into the mixture and mix well.
- Add thyme, paprika, and tahini, again mixing well.
- Add a little wheat-free tamari and enough of the stock to make a soft, but not wet, mixture and enough of the breadcrumbs so that the mixture holds together but is not dry.
- It should leave the sides of the bowl and feel a little moist.
- Brush oil onto a 40cm long piece of foil, making sure to oil to all the edges, then turn out the mixture.
- Press into a shape about 30cm long and 8-10cm wide (oblong or terrine shaped).
- Then fold the sides of the foil over tuck the ends in and gently slide onto a baking tray.
- Bake for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2hours.
- Take out just before serving and very carefully peel the foil back; the result should be a browned, lightly crusted coating.
- This will also cook in a loaf tin approx. 13cm x 26cm, make sure to cover with foil, this cooks in the same time. However you will not get a 'crusty' coating.
- Serves 4.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Hint: You can click on the arrows  at top of the table(s) to sort by columns.
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Sesame Butte...||4|| N|| N|| A|| A|| A|| A|| N|| N|
 This recipe uses ingredients that contain gluten.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may have a high mold count.
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be high in pesticides.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
Cook Right For Your Type is the definitive cookbook for those following the Blood Type Diet. When using any recipe, always check it for avoids and make the appropriate adjustments where necessary. The Blood Type Diet Recipe Database has recently been greatly enhanced. Also, the food lists changed somewhat a few years ago, and all recipes in the database may not reflect those changes in terms of the blood types for which the recipes are recommended.
Volunteer Blood Type Diet Forums Members are working to review and update all the recipes to take advantage of all the new features and food lists. Please be patient until the process has been completed.
Click here to go to the BTD Forums - Cook Right 4 Your Type board to discuss this recipe.
- Revised Oct 17, 2007 at 04:51 PM By: Drea