Blood Type Diet Recipe
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
Veggie dish good for all types if ghee is substituted for butter, and black pepper is avoided.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (3 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (2 beneficials)
- Type AB (1 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (2 beneficials)
- Type B (0 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (3 beneficials)
- Type O (2 beneficials)
- Type O Non Secretor (3 beneficials)
- 2 medium kohlrabi
- 5 medium shallots or small onions
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- fresh ground black peppercorns, to taste (optional)
- 4 teaspoons butter (or ghee)
How to make it:
- Peel and grate kohlrabi and add sea salt.
- Place in colander for 30 minutes.
- Press out liquid.
- In a skillet, saute shallots/onions and garlic in butter/ghee.
- Add kohlrabi and saute until browned.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Garlic|| 1 ,2 || B|| N|| B|| B|| N|| B|| N|| B|
|Kohlrabi|| || B|| B|| N|| N|| N|| N|| B|| B|
|Sea Salt|| 2 || N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print: