Blood Type Diet Recipe
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
Baked mackerel with walnut and cranberry stuffing
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (8 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (6 beneficials)
- Type AB (6 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (6 beneficials)
- Type B (2 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (5 beneficials)
- Type O (3 beneficials)
- Type O Non Secretor (5 beneficials)
- 2 small mackerel
- Bouquet garnish
- 2 ounces fresh cranberries
- 1 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 to 2 cloves garlic
- 1 small onion
- 1 ounce walnuts
- 6 prunes
- small stick celery
- 1 teaspoon tahini [or BTD compliant nut butter]
- Food processor or blender
How to make it:
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
- Clean and gut the mackerel.
- Place the fish and bouquet garnish in a baking dish with just enough water to cover the bottom of the dish.
- Bake the fish covered in tinfoil for 20-25 minutes.
- Put the cranberries and lemon juice in a saucepan and bring to the boil in order to soften the cranberries.
- Remove from the heat.
- Put the garlic, onion, walnuts, prunes, and celery into the food processor and finely chop.
- Add this mixture to the cranberries and stir well.
- Finally, stir in the nut butter.
- When the fish has cooked, stuff the baked fish and cook for a further 5 minutes or until the stuffing has heated through.
- Serves 2
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients with a high glycemic index.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help the body to detoxify.
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print:
- Revised Oct 05, 2007 at 10:54 PM By: Drea