A non |
B non |
O non |
Sweet Potato Cake"
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
Moist and cake-like treat.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A Non Secretor (2 beneficials)
- Type AB (3 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (4 beneficials)
- Type B (4 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (4 beneficials)
- Type O (3 beneficials)
- Type O Non Secretor (2 beneficials)
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 cup brown sugar [non-secretors substitute agave]
- 1 cup crushed pineapple
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 teaspoon orange extract [not BTD rated]
- 3 cup spelt flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder [see baking powder recipe]
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 cup shredded sweet potato (about 1 large)[or other BTD OK flour]
- 1 cup raisins
- 2 eggs
How to make it:
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Lightly coat a 13 x 9 pan with olive oil or no-stick.
- In a large bowl, beat the oil, brown sugar, pineapple, eggs, almond and orange extract.
- In a small bowl, combine and mix the flour, soda, baking powder, cloves, sea salt, and nutmeg.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients and stir until just mixed.
- Stir in the sweet potatoes and raisins.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 30 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out with just a few crumbs on it and is not wet.
- Cool completely on a rack.
- Makes 24.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Hint: You can click on the arrows  at top of the table(s) to sort by columns.
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Nutmeg||1|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| A|| N|
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients which are known to be common allergens.
 This recipe uses ingredients which are high in phytates.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be genetically modified .
This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
Cook Right For Your Type is the definitive cookbook for those following the Blood Type Diet. When using any recipe, always check it for avoids and make the appropriate adjustments where necessary. The Blood Type Diet Recipe Database has recently been greatly enhanced. Also, the food lists changed somewhat a few years ago, and all recipes in the database may not reflect those changes in terms of the blood types for which the recipes are recommended.
Volunteer Blood Type Diet Forums Members are working to review and update all the recipes to take advantage of all the new features and food lists. Please be patient until the process has been completed.
Click here to go to the BTD Forums - Cook Right 4 Your Type board to discuss this recipe.
- Revised Oct 03, 2007 at 06:57 PM By: Don