Blood Type Diet Recipe
BAKED SWISS CHARD
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
Even picky kids like this!
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (2 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (2 beneficials)
- Type AB (0 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (2 beneficials)
- Type B (0 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (2 beneficials)
- Type O (2 beneficials)
- Type O Non Secretor (2 beneficials)
- 1 lb. swiss chard
- 1/4 cup butter or ghee
- 1 lg. onion
- 2 lg. eggs
- 3/4c. grated goat, mozzarella or soy cheese
- Salt & pepper to taste.
How to make it:
- Wash chard.Cut stems from chard and cut them into 1/4 inch pieces.
- Cut leaves into 1 inch strips.
- Slice or chop the onion medium-fine.
- In a large saucepan melt butter,add chard stems and onion and cook until the onion is transparent.
- Add the chard leaves for 3 min.or so(covered) or until the leaves wilt.
- Place in a lightly greased 2 qt. glass baking dish.
- Spread the veggie mixture out evenly in the dish and pour the well beaten eggs (with a dash of salt and pepper added to taste) over the veggies.
- Try to get it all over the chard evenly.
- The egg will sink in and look like it's not enough- but it is.Sprinkle cheese on top and bake at 400 for 10 min. This is a nice side dish.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Butter|| 1 || A|| A|| A|| A|| N|| N|| N|| N|
|Ghee (Clarif...|| 1 || N|| N|| N|| B|| N|| B|| N|| N|
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print:
- Revised Sep 30, 2007 at 04:17 PM By: Rodney
- Revised Oct 01, 2007 at 08:42 AM By: Father Tiresias