Blood Type Diet Recipe
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type B Non Secretor (4 beneficials)
- Type O (3 beneficials)
- Type O Non Secretor (5 beneficials)
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 large onion
- 1 can pinto beans [or other BTD compliant bean]
- 1 can chopped tomato
- 1/2 cup green olives (unpasteurized or w/pimentos)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder (or to taste)
- 1 cup red wine
- 5 cloves garlic
- 5 Tablespoons olive oil
How to make it:
- Brown ground meat in a skillet.
- Add a little cumin while browning.
- When done put into a bowl and set aside.
- Brown onion and cloves of chopped fresh garlic in olive oil, cooking them well until light brown.
- Put the meat back in the skillet with the onion/garlic and add drained beans, red wine, green olives, can of chopped tomatoes, chili powder.
- Cover and simmer 20-30 minutes until all flavors blended. Serve with white rice and a simple salad.
- Note: All ingredients in this recipe can be adjusted for taste, including the meat-to-beans ratio.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Olive (Green...|| 1 ,2 ,3 || N|| A|| N|| N|| A|| A|| N|| A|
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may have a high mold count.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be high in chitinase, an allergen.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print:
- Revised Oct 02, 2007 at 10:55 AM By: Don
- Revised Oct 03, 2007 at 06:51 PM By: Don