Blood Type Diet Recipe
GREAT ITALIAN MEATBALLS, FROM BAKED MEATBALLS
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type B (5 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (3 beneficials)
- Type O (2 beneficials)
- Type O Non Secretor (3 beneficials)
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 6 cloves minced garlic
- 1 cup finely chopped spelt bread (about 2 thin slices)[or other BTD compliant bread, such as Ezekiel or Kamut]
- 1 Tablespoon dried leaf basil
- 1/4 cup soy milk [or other BTD compliant milk]
- 1/2 cup grated pecorino romano cheese (sheep's milk)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 eggs
- sea salt, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black peppercorns
How to make it:
- In large bowl, mix all ingredients throughly by hand.
- I check for salt by taking a small quarter sized amount and cooking in microwave for about 50 seconds.
- When mixed, roll into meatballs (mine are about 2-1/2' diameter) and I get about 10 meatballs. You can certainly make meatballs any size you want.
- Place meatballs on a flat pan and bake until browned, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- At this point you can continue cooking meatballs in oven and until completely cooked or you can take browned meatballs and continue cooking them in your favorite tomato sauce.
- Optionally: after cooled, place in a plastic bag and freeze.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Goat Cheese|| || N|| N|| B|| N|| B|| B|| N|| A|
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients that contain gluten.
 This recipe uses ingredients with a high glycemic index.
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which are high in phytates.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print:
- Revised Oct 17, 2007 at 10:12 PM By: Don