A non |
B non |
O non |
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
This is an elegant soup that's also low in calories. It will keep for several days in the refrigerator and reheats well.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (3 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (3 beneficials)
- Type AB (1 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (2 beneficials)
- Type B (2 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (3 beneficials)
- Type O (3 beneficials)
- Type O Non Secretor (3 beneficials)
- 5 cups vegetable stock (sometimes I substitute a bit of chicken stock.)
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced gingeroot
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 stalks bok choy, diagonally sliced, also shred leaves
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1 cup sliced portabello mushrooms (or your favorite 'A' mushroom)
- 1/2 cup peas
- 1/2 cup waterchestnuts, sliced
- 2 ounces buckwheat noodles or soba noodles, broken into 1-inch pieces,
- (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 pound firm tofu, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
How to make it:
- Place 1/2 cup of the stock in a 5-quart saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Add onion, garlic, and ginger; simmer for 3 minutes.
- Stir in remaining stock and soy sauce.
- Cover pot and bring to a gentle boil.
- Add remaining Ingedients as they are prepared.
- Test for doneness: noodles should be softened; vegetables should remain crisp-tender.
- Timing: 8 to 10 minutes.
- 6 servings
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Hint: You can click on the arrows  at top of the table(s) to sort by columns.
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients which are high in phytates.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
Cook Right For Your Type is the definitive cookbook for those following the Blood Type Diet. When using any recipe, always check it for avoids and make the appropriate adjustments where necessary. The Blood Type Diet Recipe Database has recently been greatly enhanced. Also, the food lists changed somewhat a few years ago, and all recipes in the database may not reflect those changes in terms of the blood types for which the recipes are recommended.
Volunteer Blood Type Diet Forums Members are working to review and update all the recipes to take advantage of all the new features and food lists. Please be patient until the process has been completed.
Click here to go to the BTD Forums - Cook Right 4 Your Type board to discuss this recipe.
- Revised Sep 30, 2007 at 12:01 AM By: Rodney