Blood Type Diet Recipe
ZIPPY PINEAPPLE-CARROT SMOOTHY
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
A creamy HB drink for a quick breakfast or afternoon pick-me-up!
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (5 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (3 beneficials)
- Type AB (2 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (3 beneficials)
- Type B (6 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (5 beneficials)
- Type O (2 beneficials)
- Type O Non Secretor (3 beneficials)
- 1/2 cup pineapple chunks
- 1 cup soy milk, any flavor [or other BTD compliant milk]
- 1 carrot, peeled and sliced
- 1/3 cup pineapple juice
- 1 1-inch piece ginger root, peeled and minced
- honey, to taste [or other BTD compliant sweetener]
How to make it:
- Place all ingredients in blender container and blend until everything is smooth.
- Add ice if you like it frosty.
- The ginger adds some 'zip' to it.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Agave Syrup|| || N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|
|Honey|| 2 || N|| N|| N|| A|| N|| N|| N|| A|
 This recipe uses ingredients with a high glycemic index.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients which are known to be common allergens.
This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print:
- Revised Oct 02, 2007 at 05:07 PM By: Drea
- Revised Oct 03, 2007 at 12:39 AM By: Don