A non |
B non |
O non |
Pineapple Upside Down Cake"
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (7 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (4 beneficials)
- Type AB (6 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (5 beneficials)
- Type O (2 beneficials)
- 1/4 cup maple sugar [or BTD compliant sweetener]
- 3/4 cup oat flour [or BTD compliant flour]
- 3/4 cup rice flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder [Baking Powder Recipe Variations]
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/3 cup oil
- 3/4 cup maple syrup [or 1/2 cup agave]
- 2/3 cup tofu, pureed
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- 2 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 10-ounce can pineapple rings
How to make it:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Coat baking pan with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle with maple sugar.
- Place pineapple rings on top of maple sugar, so the rings touch each other and line the pan.
- In a large bowl sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together oil, maple syrup, tofu, pineapple juice, vanilla and lemon juice.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix lightly with wire whisk.
- Don't over mix; batter will be heavy.
- Pour batter into pan and bake for 25 to 35 minutes.
- When done, invert pan onto plate.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Hint: You can click on the arrows  at top of the table(s) to sort by columns.
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
 This recipe uses ingredients with a high glycemic index.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be genetically modified .
 This recipe uses ingredients which are high in phytates.
 This recipe uses ingredients that contain gluten.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
Cook Right For Your Type is the definitive cookbook for those following the Blood Type Diet. When using any recipe, always check it for avoids and make the appropriate adjustments where necessary. The Blood Type Diet Recipe Database has recently been greatly enhanced. Also, the food lists changed somewhat a few years ago, and all recipes in the database may not reflect those changes in terms of the blood types for which the recipes are recommended.
Volunteer Blood Type Diet Forums Members are working to review and update all the recipes to take advantage of all the new features and food lists. Please be patient until the process has been completed.
Click here to go to the BTD Forums - Cook Right 4 Your Type board to discuss this recipe.
- Revised Oct 07, 2007 at 11:25 PM By: Drea