A non |
B non |
O non |
Delicious Winter Squash and Onions
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
Winter squash roasted then sauteed with onions and garlic.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (3 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (2 beneficials)
- Type AB (2 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (2 beneficials)
- Type B (1 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (3 beneficials)
- Type O (2 beneficials)
- Type O Non Secretor (3 beneficials)
- 2-3 winter squashes (butternut, acorn, pumpkin)
- 1 large sweet onion
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- olive oil
- sea salt
How to make it:
- Preheat oven to 420 degrees.
- Lightly coat a cookie sheet with olive oil.
- Peel and cube squash.
- Lightly coat with olive oil and spread in a single layer on cookie sheet.
- Roast in a 420 degree oven until just tender, approximately 30-40 minutes.
- About halfway through cooking time, turn squash to allow other side to brown.
- In the mean time, cut onion into 1 x 1/2 inch pieces and sautee with chopped garlic in olive oil over medium heat.
- Allow onions to cook until slightly browned and tender. Add roasted squash to onions and sautee for a few more minutes.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Hint: You can click on the arrows  at top of the table(s) to sort by columns.
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be genetically modified .
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
Cook Right For Your Type is the definitive cookbook for those following the Blood Type Diet. When using any recipe, always check it for avoids and make the appropriate adjustments where necessary. The Blood Type Diet Recipe Database has recently been greatly enhanced. Also, the food lists changed somewhat a few years ago, and all recipes in the database may not reflect those changes in terms of the blood types for which the recipes are recommended.
Volunteer Blood Type Diet Forums Members are working to review and update all the recipes to take advantage of all the new features and food lists. Please be patient until the process has been completed.
Click here to go to the BTD Forums - Cook Right 4 Your Type board to discuss this recipe.
- Revised Oct 02, 2007 at 04:52 PM By: Father Tiresias
- Revised Oct 03, 2007 at 00:04 AM By: Don