Blood Type Diet Recipe
CUSTARD PIE (DAIRYLESS)
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
If you love custard you will love this one! With simple Substitutions this recipe can be used by all BT's.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (1 beneficials)
- Type AB (0 beneficials)
- Type B (0 beneficials)
- Type O (0 beneficials)
- 5 eggs
- 3 Cups soy milk
- 1/3 Cup sugar (you may try other sweetener Substitutions)
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- pie crust & custard dishes
How to make it:
- Beat eggs slightly.
- Scald soy milk (important)
- Beat soy milk, sugar,vanilla, & nutmeg into eggs.
- Pour into pie shell.
- Sprinkle a little nutmeg on top for color.
- Pour remaining into custard dishes & set into pan of water & set on lower rack of over.
- Put filled pie crust on upper rack of 450 degree oven for 15 minutes then reduce temperature to 350 and bake for another 10 minutes.
- To test for doneness use a table knife inserted into pie. If knife comes out clean it is done.
- Set a clean dish towel on pie after you bring it out of oven & set it on a cooling rack.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be genetically modified .
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print:
- Revised Sep 30, 2007 at 11:07 AM By: Rodney