Blood Type Diet Recipe
BLACK EYED PEAS, OKRA AND LEEK MELANGE
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
A yummy, quick and high protein meal - a must try!
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (7 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (4 beneficials)
- 1 leek
- 1/2 small yellow onion
- 14 ounces frozen okra
- 16 ounce can of black eyed peas
- 1/8 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 Tablespoon of fresh ginger
- 3 Tablespoons of Braggs Liquid Aminos or wheat-free tamari
How to make it:
- Chop onions and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add well washed and sliced leek and add dried spices.
- Immediately add frozen okra.
- Cook on high until okra is warm and soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add black eyed peas, ginger, and Braggs or tamari and reduce heat to medium.
- Cook until peas are warm, about 5 minutes.
- Serve over rice.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may have a high mold count.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print:
- Revised Oct 02, 2007 at 02:27 PM By: Drea
- Revised Oct 02, 2007 at 04:57 PM By: Father Tiresias
- Revised Oct 06, 2007 at 06:19 PM By: Don