Blood Type Diet Recipe
BUCKWHEAT SCANDINAVIAN PANCAKES
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
Like Swedish pancakes but substituting milk with soy milk, wheat flour with buckwheat flour & adding tofu.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (3 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (0 beneficials)
- Type O (0 beneficials)
- 3 eggs (you may leave out none, some or all of the yolks)
- 1/2 cup Soy milk
- 1/3 tub soft Tofu
- 3/4 cup buckwheat flour
- olive oil for seasoning pan
- (honey for sweetening & 1 Tablespoon cooking oil optional)
applesauce,jam,pure maple syrup,etc.
How to make it:
- Beat eggs well
- Add soy milk & tofu. Mix in well.
- Add buckwheat flour and stir in until blended.
- Add oil & sweetener if using.
- Let sit overnight in refrigerator for best results. Be sure to stir again before cooking.
- Heat oil in heavy skillet or electric fry pan. Cook about Med/High.
- Pour in just enough of the thin batter to coat bottom of pan & roll it around pan by picking up pan & turning.
- Put lid on pan (glass is best to see in) & cook for about 30 seconds. Turn pancake & cook other side about 20 seconds.
- It should be just starting to brown.
- Roll up after filling with your favorite topping.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Honey|| 2 || N|| N|| N|| A|| N|| N|| N|| A|
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be genetically modified .
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print:
- Revised Oct 03, 2007 at 10:04 PM By: Rodney