Blood Type Diet Recipe
SIMPLE, NOT MESSY, GRANOLA
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
This was posted by Deborah on the B mailing list, she says: 'I've made Granola for years and I don't experience it as messy...a little time consuming...but I haven't bought ANY ready-made since beginning ER.'
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (5 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (4 beneficials)
- Type AB (4 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (5 beneficials)
- Type B (3 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (4 beneficials)
- Type O (1 beneficials)
- 5 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup spelt flour [or BTD compliant flour]
- ground cardamom and/or cloves
- 1/2 to 2/3 cup maple or rice syrup [or agave]
- 1 cup date pieces or other [BTD compliant] dried fruit
- 1 cup slivered almonds or pecans
- a pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 to 2/3 cup ghee
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
How to make it:
- Combine rolled oats, nuts, flour, and sea salt.
- Ground cardamom, cloves can be added too.
- Stir well.
- Mix together ghee, sweetener, and vanilla.
- Whip it up and add to the dry ingredients.
- Spread thinly on a cookie sheet (no oil required) and bake at 250F until light brown or desired crispness. Cool and add date pieces.
- Store in a glass container in a cool place.
- Be sure it's in the oven long enough to get good and dry.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
Fruit/ Fruit Juice Product(s)
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Clove|| || N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|
|Cardamom|| || N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be genetically modified .
This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print: