Blood Type Diet Recipe
LIMA BEAN HUMMUS
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
This recipe was posted by Deborah on the B mailing list some time ago.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type B (3 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (3 beneficials)
- Type O (2 beneficials)
- Type O Non Secretor (3 beneficials)
- 2 cups cooked lima beans (reserve the liquid)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 - 2 Tablespoons Bragg's or wheat-free tamari
- pinch of curry or cumin
- 3 - 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/8 - 1/4 cup olive oil
- dash of sea salt
How to make it:
- Blend together the cooked limas, garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, Bragg's or wheat-free tamari, dash of salt, pinch of curry or cumin.
- Add more of the reserved liquid if necessary to achieve the desired texture.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Curry|| || N|| N|| B|| B|| B|| B|| B|| B|
|Cumin|| || N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may have a high mold count.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print:
- Revised Oct 04, 2007 at 04:34 PM By: Drea