Blood Type Diet Recipe
SWEET SHEPHERD'S PIE
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
An alternate to Shepherd's Pie
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type B (0 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (0 beneficials)
- Type O (0 beneficials)
- Type O Non Secretor (0 beneficials)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 sweet potatoes, mashed
- brown rice
- sea salt
- seasonings (I used Emerils Essence when I made it)
- soy nuts (optional)
How to make it:
- Peel and cook the sweet potatoes and mash.
- Set aside.
- Put the ground beef in a deep frying pan and brown, seasoning as you do so.
- Put the mashed sweet potatoes into the frying pan and mix in with the ground beef until all the ground beef is clinging to the sweet potatoes (consistency of paste, essentially).
- Optionally, put in the soy nuts and mix into the mixture.
- Cook the brown rice as directed on the package, then mix in some seasoning.
- Serve mixture on brown rice.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This is a low lectin recipe. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print:
- Revised Oct 02, 2007 at 06:18 PM By: Don
- Revised Oct 03, 2007 at 06:40 PM By: Don
- Revised Oct 24, 2011 at 01:00 AM By: Lola