Blood Type Diet Recipe
HEARTY FISH CHOWDER
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
A very tasty and warming feel-good dish
Best Used By Blood Types:
- 2 pounds frozen haddock or cod
- 3 cups water
- 4 medium potatoes, cubed
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup half and half
- 1-3/4 teaspoon sea salt (I add a little more)
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
How to make it:
- Heat fish fillets and water to boiling in a Dutch oven.
- Reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer just until fish flakes easily with fork, 10 to 15 minutes. Cooking time varies according to thickness.
- Remove fish and broth from the Dutch oven.
- Flake or cut fish into bite size pieces, reserve broth. Simmer potatoes, onion, and green pepper in 1-2 cups of broth just until potatoes are tender, approximately 15 minutes.
- Stir in remaining broth, the fish, the half and half, the salt and cayenne pepper.
- Heat until hot.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Adapted from a Betty Crocker recipe.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Cod|| 2 ,3 || B|| B|| B|| B|| B|| B|| B|| B|
|Haddock|| 2 || A|| N|| A|| A|| B|| B|| N|| N|
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help the body to detoxify.
 This recipe uses ingredients with a high glycemic index.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may have a high mold count.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print:
- Revised Oct 04, 2007 at 08:45 AM By: Don