A non |
B non |
O non |
Spinach Feta Rice"
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
|Contributed by: Sue Phalen||From the Recipe Archives|
A rice dish that's fancy enough for company and delicious for leftovers.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (4 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (3 beneficials)
- Type AB (5 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (5 beneficials)
- Type B (1 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (4 beneficials)
- Type O (2 beneficials)
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain rice
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves, crushed
- 1 cup sliced portobello mushrooms (about 4 oz, or 4 big ones)
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup chicken broth [or vegetable broth]
- 1 cup water
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 package chopped frozen spinach, cooked then drained and pressed until most of water is gone. May use 6 cups shredded fresh spinach leaves instead.
How to make it:
- Combine rice, broth, and water in medium saucepan.
- Bring water to boil.
- Add rice, stir once.
- Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 15-20 minutes (according to your package instructions) or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- Cook and stir onion, mushrooms, and garlic in large skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray until onion is tender.
- Add cooked spinach, oregano leaves, salt, and lemon juice so that it, too, is warm.
- Add entire mixture to rice (or vice versa).
- Add feta cheese, stir well and it's ready to serve.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Hint: You can click on the arrows  at top of the table(s) to sort by columns.
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Chicken||2|| N|| N|| A|| A|| A|| A|| N|| N|
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be high in pesticides.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be genetically modified .
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
Cook Right For Your Type is the definitive cookbook for those following the Blood Type Diet. When using any recipe, always check it for avoids and make the appropriate adjustments where necessary. The Blood Type Diet Recipe Database has recently been greatly enhanced. Also, the food lists changed somewhat a few years ago, and all recipes in the database may not reflect those changes in terms of the blood types for which the recipes are recommended.
Volunteer Blood Type Diet Forums Members are working to review and update all the recipes to take advantage of all the new features and food lists. Please be patient until the process has been completed.
Click here to go to the BTD Forums - Cook Right 4 Your Type board to discuss this recipe.
- Revised Oct 03, 2007 at 01:13 PM By: Drea
- Revised Oct 04, 2007 at 10:39 AM By: Drea