Blood Type Diet Recipe
OSSA DA MORDERE (BONES OF THE DEAD)
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
Hard Italian cookies, good for dunking
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (1 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (1 beneficials)
- Type AB (2 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (2 beneficials)
- Type B (0 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (0 beneficials)
- Type O (0 beneficials)
- Type O Non Secretor (0 beneficials)
- 3 egg whites
- 1-3/4 cups sugar [or BTD compliant sweetener]
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoons baking powder [Baking Powder Recipe Variations]
- 1-1/2 cup blanched almonds, coarsely chopped
- 1-3/4 cups flour, unsifted [or BTD compliant flour]
How to make it:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Beat egg whites, sweetener, lemon peel, and baking powder until smoothly blended.
- With a heavy spoon, work the nuts in thoroughly, then add the flour.
- Lightly flour your hands, then pinch off tablespoon-sized lumps of dough and shape like short sturdy bones.
- Place cookies lightly on a greased baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes or until pale brown.
- Cool on wire racks.
- Store in an airtight container.
You don't have to shape them into bones, but they're cute.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Kamut|| 2 ,3 ,4 ,5 || N|| N|| A|| A|| A|| A|| N|| N|
|Spelt Flour/Products|| 2 ,3 ,4 ,5 || N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| A|
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients that contain gluten.
 This recipe uses ingredients with a high glycemic index.
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which are high in phytates.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print:
- Revised Oct 07, 2007 at 11:22 PM By: Drea