Blood Type Diet Recipe
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
Spelt & rice flour brownies
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (2 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (1 beneficials)
- Type AB (2 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (4 beneficials)
- Type B (1 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (3 beneficials)
- Type O (1 beneficials)
- 2 squares baking chocolate (or equivalent powder)
- 1/3 cup melted butter [or ghee]
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar [or agave]
- 1/4 cup rice flour
- 1/2 cup spelt flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup nuts (optional)
How to make it:
- Above recipe will be enough for a 6' square pan, I usually double it and put it in a bigger pan. I also usually add a little extra chocolate.
- Melt chocolate and butter together in a small pan (don't burn!).
- Add the rice flour and let sit 10-15 minutes.
- Beat the eggs, then add and mix in the sugar or sweetener.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix.
- Finally add the chocolate and rice flour mixture and chopped nuts at the end and mix thoroughly.
- Put batter in greased 6'x6' pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick or cake tester comes out clean.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Walnut (English)|| 1 ,2 || B|| B|| B|| B|| N|| B|| B|| B|
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients which are known to be common allergens.
 This recipe uses ingredients with a high glycemic index.
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which are high in phytates.
This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print:
- Revised Oct 05, 2007 at 12:20 AM By: Father Tiresias
- Revised Oct 06, 2007 at 07:58 PM By: Rodney