Venison Meatballs with Miso Gravy"
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
Venison Meatballs with Miso Gravy: This is a recipe I concocted one day with Venison given to me from a family member and whatever else I had on hand. O's can do this if they omit the cheese which will affect the flavor a bit. If miso doesn't suit you, try another gravy it's optional.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type AB Non Secretor (1 beneficials)
- Type B (1 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (2 beneficials)
- Type O (2 beneficials)
- Type O Non Secretor (2 beneficials)
- 1/2 @ ground venison
- 1/4 cup grated romano cheese
- 2 Tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups water
- 1 Tablespoon wheat- free tamari
- 1 Tablespoon arrowroot powder mixed with 1/2 cup water
- 2 Tablespoons white miso
How to make it:
- Mix all meatball Ingredients together and form into little balls.
- Sauté in skillet in olive oil for 20 minutes.
- Add water and tamari, and cook 30 minutes more.
- Combine arrowroot powder with water add to meatballs and cook until broth thickens slightly.
- Scoop out 1/2 cup of broth and add miso, mixing well.
- Re-add to meatballs but DO NOT BOIL. Adjust seasonings. Serve over brown rice, quinoa, potatoes or millet. Makes 4-6 servings.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Hint: You can click on the arrows  at top of the table(s) to sort by columns.
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may have a high mold count.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
Cook Right For Your Type is the definitive cookbook for those following the Blood Type Diet. When using any recipe, always check it for avoids and make the appropriate adjustments where necessary. The Blood Type Diet Recipe Database has recently been greatly enhanced. Also, the food lists changed somewhat a few years ago, and all recipes in the database may not reflect those changes in terms of the blood types for which the recipes are recommended.
Volunteer Blood Type Diet Forums Members are working to review and update all the recipes to take advantage of all the new features and food lists. Please be patient until the process has been completed.
Click here to go to the BTD Forums - Cook Right 4 Your Type board to discuss this recipe.
- Revised Sep 30, 2007 at 10:04 AM By: Rodney