Blood Type Diet Recipe
KELLIE'S YUMMY CHOCOLATE CAKE
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
I found this on the message board in response to a message I posted. It stays very moist & my whole family loves it.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (0 beneficials)
- Type AB (0 beneficials)
- Type B (0 beneficials)
- Type O (0 beneficials)
- 4 ounces semi-sweet or bittersweet chocolate (I'm sure there's an equivalent carob product out there you could use if worried about the dairy in this)
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter (O, B) or ghee (A, AB)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (or I guess you could use carob)
How to make it:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Butter an 8 inch round cake pan; line with round of waxed paper or parchment paper.
- Grease paper.
- Combine chocolate & butter & microwave on high for 1 minute. (or in saucepan on low heat) Whisk till smooth.
- Whisk in the sugar until it dissolves.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating quickly so you don't cook the eggs.
- Sift in cocoa powder. Whisk just to incorporate.
- Pour into prepared pan & bake in center of preheated oven 20 to 25 minutes, or until top has formed a thin crust.
- Remove from oven to cake rack & cool 5 minutes.
- Loosen edge of cake with knife.
- Invert over serving plate.
- Cool completely & dust with powdered sugar.
- You can serve with diced fruit or just leave it plain.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Butter|| 1 || A|| A|| A|| A|| N|| N|| N|| N|
|Ghee (Clarif...|| 1 || N|| N|| N|| B|| N|| B|| N|| N|
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print:
- Revised Oct 29, 2010 at 11:41 PM By: Joe