Blood Type Diet Recipe
ZESTY PESTO SAUCE
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
Zesty Pesto sauce is great on rice pasta, rice, fish dishes, squash, or vegetable medleys.Note: All measurements are approximate.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (6 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (4 beneficials)
- Type AB (4 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (5 beneficials)
- Type B (1 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (3 beneficials)
- Type O (3 beneficials)
- Type O Non Secretor (5 beneficials)
- Fresh basil leaves, washed and stemmed, enough to almost fill a standard blender.
- 2 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 limes or lemons, juiced
- 2 to 5 cloves (or more!) garlic, pressed
- sea salt, to taste
- 1/2 to 1 cup pumpkin seeds, walnuts, [or pine nuts]
How to make it:
- Grind all ingredients in a blender until you have a course sauce.
Pesto sauce should never be heated, because this takes away from the freshness of the basil (although it is okay to reheat it along with any leftovers).
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Garlic|| 1 ,2 || B|| N|| B|| B|| N|| B|| N|| B|
|Olive Oil|| 1 ,2 || B|| B|| B|| B|| B|| B|| B|| B|
|Basil|| 2 || N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| B|
|Sea Salt|| 2 || N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
Fruit/ Fruit Juice Product(s)
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients which are known to be common allergens.
This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print:
- Revised Oct 04, 2007 at 05:14 PM By: Drea