A non |
B non |
O non |
Key Lime Pie
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
I adapted this one from a local cookbook where I live. Seems I have become addicted to it lately.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (1 beneficials)
- Type AB (0 beneficials)
- Type B (0 beneficials)
- Type O (0 beneficials)
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- Green food coloring or appropriate natural equivalent
- 1 regular pie shell baked for AB or 1 wheat free pie shell baked for A, B, O
- Whipped cream for B or Soy Whipped Cream for A, AB, O for topping
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk for B; To substitute for this for A, AB, O, use equivalent amount of WEST SOY ORIGINAL CREAMY or another creamy soy or rice milk. To the soy milk, add 1/8 cup soy flour, 1/8 cup rice bran, and sugar to taste till it gets as sweet as you like.
How to make it:
- Beat egg yolks and 1 white until thick.
- Add either sweetened condensed milk OR soy/rice milk.
- If adding soy or rice milk, also add soy flour, rice bran, and sugar. If using sweetened condensed milk YOU DO NOT NEED TO ADD these three Ingredients.
- Beat mixture again.
- Add lime juice and beat until thick.
- Fold in 3 beaten egg whites and add a few drops of coloring or appropriate natural equivalent.
- Pour into pie shell.
- Bake 15 minutes at 250 degrees until set.
- Serve topped with whipped cream or soy whipped cream.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Hint: You can click on the arrows  at top of the table(s) to sort by columns.
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
Cook Right For Your Type is the definitive cookbook for those following the Blood Type Diet. When using any recipe, always check it for avoids and make the appropriate adjustments where necessary. The Blood Type Diet Recipe Database has recently been greatly enhanced. Also, the food lists changed somewhat a few years ago, and all recipes in the database may not reflect those changes in terms of the blood types for which the recipes are recommended.
Volunteer Blood Type Diet Forums Members are working to review and update all the recipes to take advantage of all the new features and food lists. Please be patient until the process has been completed.
Click here to go to the BTD Forums - Cook Right 4 Your Type board to discuss this recipe.
- Revised Oct 29, 2010 at 11:48 PM By: