Blood Type Diet Recipe
BAKED APPLE AND CARROT CASSEROLE
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
This is another one from friendly freezer onelist. Serves 8 and requires 1 hour preparation time. Recipe originally by Alma H. Hedrick
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (3 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (1 beneficials)
- Type AB (2 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (2 beneficials)
- Type B (2 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (2 beneficials)
- Type O (0 beneficials)
- 8 each apple, peeled, sliced cored
- 2/3 quart cooked carrot slices
- 1/2 cup brown sugar [or 1/4 cup agave]
- 2 2/3 tablespoons white spelt flour (or whole spelt flour)
- sea salt to taste
- 1 cup lemon juice
How to make it:
- Place half the apples in non-stick 2-qt baking dish and cover with half the carrots.
- Mix brown sugar, flour, and salt and sprinkle half the mixture over the carrots.
- Repeat layers and pour lemon juice over top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Serves 6.
- Submitted to Yankee by Alma L. Hedrick, Harwinton Congregational Church, Harwinton, Connecticut, who notes this is good with baked beans (another good New England standby).
- Cool and freeze in individual ziplocs. Thaw and reheat.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
 This recipe uses ingredients with a high glycemic index.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be genetically modified .
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which are high in phytates.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
Cook Right For Your Type is the definitive cookbook for those following the Blood Type Diet. When using any recipe, always check it for avoids and make the appropriate adjustments where necessary. The Blood Type Diet Recipe Database has recently been greatly enhanced. Also, the food lists changed somewhat a few years ago, and all recipes in the database may not reflect those changes in terms of the blood types for which the recipes are recommended.
Volunteer Blood Type Diet Forums Members are working to review and update all the recipes to take advantage of all the new features and food lists. Please be patient until the process has been completed.
Click here to go to the BTD Forums - Cook Right 4 Your Type board to discuss this recipe.
- Revised Sep 29, 2007 at 10:26 AM By: Father Tiresias
- Revised Nov 11, 2007 at 09:07 AM By: Rodney