Blood Type Diet Recipe
ACORN SQUASH WITH CRANBERRY STUFFING
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
Serves 8 and requires no preparation time.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (5 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (4 beneficials)
- Type AB (6 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (6 beneficials)
- Type B (4 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (5 beneficials)
- Type O (2 beneficials)
- Type O Non Secretor (2 beneficials)
- 2 pounds acorn squash
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1 apple
- 4 Tablespoons white grape, pineapple, or apple juice
- 1 cup cranberries, frozen
- 1 Tablespoon raisins
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar [or agave]
- 2 slices Ezekiel or spelt bread, crumbled
- 1 Tablespoon English walnuts, chopped
How to make it:
- Halve squash and remove seeds.
- Lightly oil baking sheet; place squash face down on baking sheet and bake 45-60 minutes in a 350 degree oven or until tender when tested with a fork.
- Meanwhile, peel and dice apple, and cube bread slices.
- Over medium heat saute onion and celery in a little olive oil until tender.
- Add salt, allspice, apple and 2 Tablespoons fruit juice; cook just until apple is tender.
- Stir in cranberries, raisins and 2 Tablespoons fruit juice; cook until cranberries pop.
- Add brown sugar, stir until dissolved.
- Stir in bread cubes and nuts.
- Sprinkle baked squash with sea salt.
- Divide stuffing evenly between squash halves.
- Can freeze on tray, when frozen transfer to Ziploc bags.
- When thawed, reheat in 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
Fruit/ Fruit Juice Product(s)
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Allspice|| 2 || N|| N|| A|| A|| A|| A|| N|| N|
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which are high in phytates.
 This recipe uses ingredients with a high glycemic index.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be high in chitinase, an allergen.
This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print:
- Revised Sep 29, 2007 at 10:19 AM By: Father Tiresias
- Revised Oct 06, 2007 at 11:26 PM By: Don