Cranberry Lemon Marmalade"
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (2 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (2 beneficials)
- Type AB (2 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (2 beneficials)
- Type B (1 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (1 beneficials)
- Type O (0 beneficials)
- Type O Non Secretor (0 beneficials)
- 3 large (3-1/2 inch) lemons
- 4 cups cranberries, fresh or frozen
- 3 cups water
- 7 cups sugar [or agave]
- 1 pouch Certo [or fruit pectin]
How to make it:
- Squeeze juice from lemons, remove the white pulp and cut rind into slivers.
- In a large pot or dutch oven bring to a boil the lemon peel and the 3 cups water, simmer 15 minutes.
- Add lemon juice and cranberries, bring to a boil and simmer another 15 minutes.
- Add sugar [or agave] and bring to a boil, then boil hard for one minute; you may have to stir occasionally as it will foam up.
- Remove from heat and stir in the Certo [or fruit pectin].
- Stir and skim for a few minutes.
- Put into sterilized jars.
Makes eight 8-ounce jars and is delicious, especially if you spread on a plain rice cake.
An easy way to do the peel is to use a sharp knife and with the peel facing you (not the white pulp) just skim it off the pulp and then slice it up.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Hint: You can click on the arrows  at top of the table(s) to sort by columns.
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
Cook Right For Your Type is the definitive cookbook for those following the Blood Type Diet. When using any recipe, always check it for avoids and make the appropriate adjustments where necessary. The Blood Type Diet Recipe Database has recently been greatly enhanced. Also, the food lists changed somewhat a few years ago, and all recipes in the database may not reflect those changes in terms of the blood types for which the recipes are recommended.
Volunteer Blood Type Diet Forums Members are working to review and update all the recipes to take advantage of all the new features and food lists. Please be patient until the process has been completed.
Click here to go to the BTD Forums - Cook Right 4 Your Type board to discuss this recipe.
- Revised Oct 18, 2007 at 01:40 PM By: Drea