A non |
B non |
O non |
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
Pinto bean dish with Beneficial ingredients
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (7 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (4 beneficials)
- Type AB (6 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (6 beneficials)
- 1-1/2 cups beans, soaked overnight in approximately 1 quart of water with 1 rounded teaspoon sea salt
- 3-5 large garlic cloves, chopped course
- 1-2 medium onions, rings sliced in quarters
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons ginger
- 2 level teaspoons curry
- 1 cup of bean water
- 2 heaping teaspoons soy flour [or BTD compliant flour]
- 2 heaping Tablespoons oat flour [or BTD compliant flour]
- 10 to 15 drops stevia solution, made with 3 level teaspoons stevia extract in 2 ounces water
How to make it:
- Drain the beans, cover with fresh water, and cook till tender (pierce with fork to check when done).
- Add garlic.
- Add onions.
- Add olive oil and spices.
- Take 1 cup of water from beans.
- Add the flours, and stir to remove lumps.
- Add the stevia solution, if desired.
- Stir sauce into beans and cook till onions and garlic soften.
- Salt to taste.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Hint: You can click on the arrows  at top of the table(s) to sort by columns.
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Stevia|| N|| N|| N|| N|| A|| N|| N|| A|
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients that contain gluten.
 This recipe uses ingredients which are high in phytates.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be genetically modified .
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
Cook Right For Your Type is the definitive cookbook for those following the Blood Type Diet. When using any recipe, always check it for avoids and make the appropriate adjustments where necessary. The Blood Type Diet Recipe Database has recently been greatly enhanced. Also, the food lists changed somewhat a few years ago, and all recipes in the database may not reflect those changes in terms of the blood types for which the recipes are recommended.
Volunteer Blood Type Diet Forums Members are working to review and update all the recipes to take advantage of all the new features and food lists. Please be patient until the process has been completed.
Click here to go to the BTD Forums - Cook Right 4 Your Type board to discuss this recipe.
- Revised Oct 04, 2007 at 10:46 AM By: Drea