Blood Type Diet Recipe
PROVENCAL LAMB STEW
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
ADAPTED FROM MAKE AHEAD GOURMET BY MICHAEL ROBERTS. Serves 4 and requires no preparation time.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type B (2 beneficials)
- Type O (2 beneficials)
- 1/2 recipe Stewed Lamb
- 12 each anchovy fillets
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 1 cup canned tomato, chopped, drained (USE PIZZA SAUCE SUBSTITUTE IF FOR B)
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup green olives, pitted, drained (14-1/2 oz. jar)
- 1/2 cup parsley, finely chopped
How to make it:
- Defrost the Stewed Lamb if frozen.
- Combine the anchovies, garlic, tomatoes, wine, olives, and lamb in a 2 quart pot. Cover and place over medium-low heat.
- Place the stewing sauce in a small pot over medium heat. Bring to a simmer, strain over the lamb mixture, and cook until bubbling, about 20 minutes.
- Remove the stew from the heat, add the parsley, and mix well.
- Transfer the stew to a dish, and serve immediately.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Lamb|| 1 || A|| N|| N|| B|| B|| B|| B|| N|
|Mutton|| 1 || A|| N|| N|| B|| B|| B|| B|| B|
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This is a low lectin recipe. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print: