Blood Type Diet Recipe
YANKEE LAMB STEW
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
Serves 4 and requires no preparation time. ADAPTED FROM MAKE AHEAD GOURMET BY MICHAEL ROBERTS.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type B (2 beneficials)
- Type O (2 beneficials)
- 1/2 recipe Stewed Lamb
- 1 cup carrot, cut 1/2' thick
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 medium turnip, cut into 1/2' dice
- 1/2 cup frozen peas defrosted
How to make it:
- Defrost the Stewed Lamb if frozen.
- Combine the lamb and sauce in a 2-quart ovenproof casserole or Dutch oven, cover and bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Combine the carrots, butter, and water in a saucepan over medium heat, and cook, uncovered for 5 minutes. Add the turnips and peas and cook, stirring occasionally, until all the water has evaporated, leaving the vegetables bathed in butter, about another 5 minutes.
- Remove the casserole from the oven, stir in the vegetables, and transfer the stew to a large serving dish. Serve immediately.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Lamb|| 1 || A|| N|| N|| B|| B|| B|| B|| N|
|Mutton|| 1 || A|| N|| N|| B|| B|| B|| B|| B|
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This is a low lectin recipe. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print:
- Revised Sep 29, 2007 at 10:36 AM By: Father Tiresias