A non |
B non |
O non |
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
Serves 4 and requires no preparation time. FROM MAKE AHEAD GOURMET BY MICHAEL ROBERTS.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type B (2 beneficials)
- Type O (2 beneficials)
- 1/2 recipe Stewed Lamb
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne or more
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander, ground
- 3 tablespoons curry powder or to taste
- 1/2 cup chicken broth (SUBSTITUTE TURKEY BROTH IF FOR B)
How to make it:
- Defrost the Stewed Lamb if frozen.
- Combine the onions, oil, cayenne, coriander and curry powder in a 2-quart saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring, 2 minutes. Add the broth and cook another 2 minutes.
- Add the lamb and sauce. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and cook until bubbling hot, about 25 minutes. 4. Remove the pan from the heat, transfer the mixture to a serving dish, and serve immediately.
- Notes: Curry powder is a blend of many herbs and spices. It develops a good flavor only when cooked, and is particularly complementary with lamb.
- Don't forget the chutney.
- And if you like your curry very hot, accompany it with a side dish of plain yogurt (O's omit yogurt, don't know but think OK for B's).
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Hint: You can click on the arrows  at top of the table(s) to sort by columns.
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Lamb||1|| A|| N|| N|| B|| B|| B|| B|| N|
|Mutton||1|| A|| N|| N|| B|| B|| B|| B|| B|
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This is a low lectin recipe. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
Cook Right For Your Type is the definitive cookbook for those following the Blood Type Diet. When using any recipe, always check it for avoids and make the appropriate adjustments where necessary. The Blood Type Diet Recipe Database has recently been greatly enhanced. Also, the food lists changed somewhat a few years ago, and all recipes in the database may not reflect those changes in terms of the blood types for which the recipes are recommended.
Volunteer Blood Type Diet Forums Members are working to review and update all the recipes to take advantage of all the new features and food lists. Please be patient until the process has been completed.
Click here to go to the BTD Forums - Cook Right 4 Your Type board to discuss this recipe.
- Revised Sep 29, 2007 at 10:32 AM By: Father Tiresias