Blood Type Diet Recipe
ITALIAN MEATBALLS FOR 2
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
Serves 6 and requires no preparation time.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (0 beneficials)
- Type AB (2 beneficials)
- Type B (1 beneficials)
- Type O (0 beneficials)
- 1 pound turkey, ground
- 2 each egg
- 3/4 cup Ezekiel or spelt bread. crumbled
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup pecorino romano, grated (from sheep or soy if for A, AB, O; from regular dairy if for B)
- Salt and pepper to taste (omit pepper if for A, AB)
How to make it:
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl. Toss gently with your hands until the meat has become thoroughly blended with all the seasonings. The mixture should be fairly moist.
- To form the meatballs, wet your hands in a small bowl of lukewarm water and then pick up about 1/3 C. of the meatball mix. Roll it in the palm of your hands to form a smooth ball about 1 in. in diameter.
- Drop the meatballs directly into your basic sauce recipe. Or, if you prefer a crusty meatball, fry in approximately 3 T. of olive oil on medium heat for about 5 min., turning to brown evenly. Then drop them into gently boiling sauce as they are browned.
- Meatballs take 20 min. to cook well.
- Yield: 15-18 medium meatballs or 40-45 tiny meatballs
- Fry or bake in oven til done (if you have a convection oven, you don't have to turn them over!)
- Freeze in ziplocs.
- Thaw and reheat.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Ezekiel Brea...|| 1 || N|| N|| B|| B|| B|| N|| N|| N|
|Turkey|| 2 || N|| B|| B|| B|| N|| N|| N|| N|
 This recipe uses ingredients that contain gluten.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This is a low lectin recipe. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print:
- Revised Sep 29, 2007 at 10:31 AM By: Father Tiresias