Blood Type Diet Recipe
BEEF ROAST WITH MUSHROOM STUFFING
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
This serves 8 and requires no preparation time.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type B (0 beneficials)
- Type O (1 beneficials)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, freshly ground
- 2 pounds flank steak
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 4 ounces Portobello mushrooms, chopped
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chives, chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste (I know this is a B avoid but the amount is small)
- 1/4 cup Ezekiel or spelt bread crumbled fine
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3 strips turkey bacon (I think this is technically an avoid but this much shouldn't hurt)
- 2 each onion, chopped
- 1 10-ounce beef broth
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons acceptable catsup (This is an O and B avoid but the amount is small)
How to make it:
- Lightly salt and pepper flank steak on both sides. Spread one side with mustard.
- To prepare stuffing, heat vegetable oil in a frypan, add 1 onion, chopped, and cook for 3 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Chop canned mushroom pieces.
- Add to onion; cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in parsley, chives, tomato paste, and bread crumbs. Season with salt, pepper and paprika.
- Spread stuffing on mustard side of flank steak, roll up jelly-roll fashion, and tie with string.
- Cut bacon into dice. To prepare gravy, cook bacon in Dutch oven until partially done (will probably need to add a little olive oil - there's almost no fat in turkey bacon!).
- Add the meat roll and brown on all sides, approximately 10 minutes.
- Add the other 2 chopped onions and saute for 5 minutes. Pour in beef broth, cover, and simmer for 1 hour.
- Remove meat when tender.
- Season pan juices w/mustard.
- Salt and pepper to taste; stir in catsup (or tomato paste).
- When meat is cooled slightly, slice into 8 pieces. Place in 2 ziplocs.
- Cool sauce, freeze in 2 ziplocs with meat slices.
- Thaw, reheat meat and gravy separately.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may have a high mold count.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This is a low lectin recipe. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print:
- Revised Sep 29, 2007 at 10:27 AM By: Father Tiresias