Blood Type Diet Recipe
ALL DAY LONG CROCKPOT BEEF
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
Adapted from 'Kitchen Classics'. Serves six.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type B (2 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (2 beneficials)
- Type O (2 beneficials)
- Type O Non Secretor (3 beneficials)
- 2 pounds beef roast, lean
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black peppercorns (avoid?)
- 3 teaspoons garlic, chopped
- 1 package onion soup mix (check for avoids)
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce (probably an avoid, check for avoids)
- 9 each carrots, sliced
- 6 stalks celery, sliced
- 2 each green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 each yellow onion
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 cup tomato juice (Type B substitute Pizza Sauce Substitute or another non-tomato sauce found in recipe database)
How to make it:
- Cut beef roast into serving-sized portions.
- Use more beef if you need more than 6 servings.
- Brown beef in oven with convection on rack in a pan.
- Slice onion and separate into rings.
- Place carrots, celery, onion and green pepper in bottom of crockpot.
- Place beef pieces on top.
- Sprinkle with onion soup mix, pepper and minced garlic.
- Mix Worcestershire, water and tomato juice in a mixing cup. Pour over the meat.
- Turn crockpot to high for 30 minutes, then low for 7-9 hours.
- When ready to serve, dip meat and vegetables out of the pot with a slotted spoon.
- Use the liquid as is or turn crockpot to high and thicken liquid with spelt flour.
- Can be frozen in Ziploc bags.
- Thaw overnight in refrigerator or thaw in microwave to reheat.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
 This recipe uses ingredients with a high glycemic index.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be high in pesticides.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
Cook Right For Your Type is the definitive cookbook for those following the Blood Type Diet. When using any recipe, always check it for avoids and make the appropriate adjustments where necessary. The Blood Type Diet Recipe Database has recently been greatly enhanced. Also, the food lists changed somewhat a few years ago, and all recipes in the database may not reflect those changes in terms of the blood types for which the recipes are recommended.
Volunteer Blood Type Diet Forums Members are working to review and update all the recipes to take advantage of all the new features and food lists. Please be patient until the process has been completed.
Click here to go to the BTD Forums - Cook Right 4 Your Type board to discuss this recipe.
- Revised Sep 29, 2007 at 10:21 AM By: Father Tireseus
- Revised Sep 30, 2007 at 11:40 AM By: Don