Blood Type Diet Recipe
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
This recipe was originally posted by Cherye on the message board. She made some spelt bagels and they turned out really nicely so she wanted to share this bread machine recipe with others. I thought it might get to more people this way so I am posting it here.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (0 beneficials)
- Type AB (0 beneficials)
- Type B (0 beneficials)
- Type O (0 beneficials)
- 1 cup water (80 degrees)
- 1-1/2 Tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cup spelt flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoon yeast
How to make it:
- Use the program to mix dough.
- Check it occasionally--you might need to add more water to make sure it's not too dry.
- Place dough on lightly floured surface.
- Divide dough into 8 pieces.
- Roll each into a smooth ball, making a hole in the center of each with thumbs.
- Gently pull to make a 1' hole.
- Place on greased baking sheet.
- Cover & let rise in warm place for 10 minutes.
- In a 3-qt saucepan bring to boil 2 quarts water & 2 Tablespoons sugar.
- Place a few bagels at a time in boiling water.
- Simmer 3 minutes, turning once.
- Remove with slotted spoon & put back on greased baking sheet (you might drain on a paper towel first).
- Beat an egg & brush each bagel with egg & sprinkle with toppings (sesame seeds, poppy seeds, dried onion flakes, etc.).
- Bake at 400 for 20-25 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients that contain gluten.
 This recipe uses ingredients with a high glycemic index.
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which are high in phytates.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print:
- Revised Jun 04, 2011 at 11:22 PM By: Joe