Blood Type Diet Recipe
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
A hearty and incredibly flavorful chili highly beneficial for Type O. Great for company or leftovers-this chili gets more flavorful every day.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A Non Secretor (2 beneficials)
- Type O (4 beneficials)
- Type O Non Secretor (2 beneficials)
- 1 pound ground lamb (I use local grazing lamb)
- 16 ounces aduki beans (dried or canned)
- 16 ounces black beans (dried or canned)
- 1-32 ounce can of whole tomatoes (or, in season, fresh from your garden)
- 1 large sweet onion
- 1 package of your favorite chili seasoning [check for avoids]
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
How to make it:
- Make sure you soak your beans a day ahead if you are using dried beans.
- In a large pot, saute onions in olive oil.
- Add ground lamb and break it up as you cook thoroughly. Add tomatoes and break up with wooden utensil.
- Add soft aduki & black beans.
- Add the chili flavoring of your choice and stir well.
- Transfer to a crock pot and slow cook until very hot. Eat and enjoy.
- Serves 4-6.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be genetically modified .
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be high in chitinase, an allergen.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print:
- Revised Nov 29, 2007 at 07:51 PM By: Don