Blood Type Diet Recipe
YUMMY HOLIDAY NIBBLES
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
Grain-free dried fruit and nut nibble balls, just right for all except O non-secretors (unless dates and apricots are omitted). I am a 'scoop and slurp' cook rarely measuring ingredients, this is one of those recipes. Use organic ingredients where possible.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (3 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (3 beneficials)
- Type AB (2 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (1 beneficials)
- Type B (0 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (0 beneficials)
- Type O (0 beneficials)
- A good handful of almonds
- A good handful of pitted dates
- About half a handful of dried apricots
- 1 Tablespoon crunchy peanut butter [or BTD compliant nut butter]
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons of almond butter
- Zest and juice of one lemon
- A slurp of brandy (optional)
- Cocoa powder
How to make it:
- Put 1/2 of each dry ingredient in food processor and process till crumbly.
- Add the rest of the dry ingredients and finely chop. While food processor is running, add lemon zest, then drizzle in the lemon juice.
- Form mouth-sized yummy bites on a piece of wax paper.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients which are known to be common allergens.
This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print:
- Revised Oct 06, 2007 at 11:43 AM By: Rodney
- Revised Oct 07, 2007 at 04:34 PM By: Drea