Blood Type Diet Recipe
ITALIAN BEAN & PASTA SALAD
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
Cold salad for side dish or meal. Makes 4 main course servings or 6 side salads.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (4 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (4 beneficials)
- Type AB (6 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (6 beneficials)
- Type B (4 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (4 beneficials)
- Type O (3 beneficials)
- Type O Non Secretor (4 beneficials)
- 1 cup rice pasta (shells, etc)
- 1 can pinto bean (or [compliant] cooked dry beans)
- 1/2 cup green pepper slivers [or substitute compliant vegetables]
- 1/2 cup red pepper slivers [or substitute compliant vegetables]
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese (optional)
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoon oregano leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
How to make it:
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Drain and cool under cold water, drain well. (Cook beans ahead of time if not using canned.)
- Place pasta and beans in a large bowl.
- Add peppers, cheese and onion.
- In a jar with tight fitting lid, combine remaining ingredients.
- Shake well to blend; pour over salad and toss.
- Cover and chill 1 hour or overnight.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Feta Cheese|| || N|| N|| B|| B|| B|| B|| N|| A|
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be high in pesticides.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be genetically modified .
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print:
- Revised Oct 29, 2010 at 11:00 PM By: Joe