Blood Type Diet Recipe
GRILLED GOAT CHEESE SALAD
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
Slices of goat cheese are dipped in egg, then rolled in spelt bread crumbs, then lightly fried in a little olive oil. Served on a bed of mesclun with dressing of your choice. I served this recently at a gathering and my friends loved it.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (0 beneficials)
- Type O (0 beneficials)
- 1 150gram pkg. goat cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup homemade spelt breadcrumbs
- Enough mesclun greens for 8 appetizer servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Dressing of your choice (I used a tofu based creamy dressing, yum)
How to make it:
- Carefully slice the goat cheese in 8 rounds ( you can reshape them fairly easily as they do crumble)
- Dip first in beaten egg, then in breadcrumbs to coat all sides.
- In non-stick skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
- Cook cheese turning once for 3-5 minutes until crisp & golden.
- Arrange greens on salad plates, set cheese in center, drizzle with dressing of your choice.
- Makes 8 servings
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Goat Cheese|| || N|| N|| B|| N|| B|| B|| N|| A|
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This is a low lectin recipe. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print:
- Revised Sep 28, 2007 at 11:14 AM By: Father Tiresias