Blood Type Diet Recipe
SWEET POTATO PANCAKES
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
What follows is the Sweet Potato Pancakes Recipe from CR4YT page 207: Sweet Potatoes are a Vitamin A packed treat. They are lovely when baked, and great in casseroles and stews. These pancakes are a perfect accompaniment to grilled meats and roasts, and are equally delicious with poultry and fish (and good for breakfast too says Tabitha).
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A Non Secretor (3 beneficials)
- Type AB (2 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (3 beneficials)
- Type B (2 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (3 beneficials)
- Type O (3 beneficials)
- 1 large sweet potato or 4 cups grated
- 1/4 red onion, grated
- 2 tablespoons chopped, fresh cilantro
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup spelt flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil or canola oil for cooking
How to make it:
- Wash and rinse sweet potato; do not peel.
- Grate over a large plate.
- Add onion and cilantro.
- Mix in egg and flour until well incorporated.
- The mixture will be loose, but will form patties.
- In a large skillet, heat oil and carefully pan-fry each cake 4-5 minutes on each side.
- Once cooked, the pancakes can be kept warm in a 250-degree Fahrenheit oven for an hour or so.
- Makes 6 large dinner-size pancakes or 15 appetizer-size pancakes.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Canola Oil|| 1 ,2 || N|| N|| N|| N|| A|| A|| N|| A|
|Olive Oil|| 1 ,2 || B|| B|| B|| B|| B|| B|| B|| B|
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which are high in phytates.
 This recipe uses ingredients that contain gluten.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print:
- Revised Aug 19, 2011 at 06:12 PM By: Joe