A non |
B non |
O non |
Ginger, Lemon, and Walnut Muffins"
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
Originally made and posted by Janet on the message board under 'A Treat for You'
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (5 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (4 beneficials)
- Type AB (7 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (7 beneficials)
- Type B (5 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (5 beneficials)
- Type O (3 beneficials)
- Type O Non Secretor (3 beneficials)
- Grated peel of 2 lemons
- 1 Tablespoon fresh ginger root
- 3/4 cup sugar [or agave]
- 1/2 cup olive oil or butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream, organic yogurt, or soy yogurt according to blood type
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cups spelt flour (Janet used whole, stone ground spelt flour)[or rice]
How to make it:
- Put lemon peel, fresh ginger, and sugar in food processor. Process until all large pieces are broken down (cut in small pieces first to assist).
- Add this mix to the oil and beat until well blended. (If using butter, beat until fluffy).
- Add eggs and yogurt, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Add the chopped walnuts and stir.
- Sift the dry Ingredients together and add all at once to wet batter. Fold gently into the batter. Bake in greased muffin tins at 400 degrees F, 20-30 minutes, or until center of muffin springs back when pressed gently with a finger. Can be made all in one pan like a cake
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Hint: You can click on the arrows  at top of the table(s) to sort by columns.
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Olive Oil||1 ,2|| B|| B|| B|| B|| B|| B|| B|| B|
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be genetically modified .
 This recipe uses ingredients which are high in phytates.
This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
Cook Right For Your Type is the definitive cookbook for those following the Blood Type Diet. When using any recipe, always check it for avoids and make the appropriate adjustments where necessary. The Blood Type Diet Recipe Database has recently been greatly enhanced. Also, the food lists changed somewhat a few years ago, and all recipes in the database may not reflect those changes in terms of the blood types for which the recipes are recommended.
Volunteer Blood Type Diet Forums Members are working to review and update all the recipes to take advantage of all the new features and food lists. Please be patient until the process has been completed.
Click here to go to the BTD Forums - Cook Right 4 Your Type board to discuss this recipe.
- Revised Nov 02, 2007 at 10:57 AM By: Rodney