Blood Type Diet Recipe
BANANA PIE DELIGHT
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
A wonderful pie for types B and O.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A Non Secretor (0 beneficials)
- Type B (4 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (2 beneficials)
- Type O (1 beneficials)
- Type O Non Secretor (1 beneficials)
- 8 inch baked pie shell or 8 inch wheat-free baked pie shell [check for avoids]
- 3/4 cup fructose [or sugar, agave]
- 1/2 cup flour [try spelt or kamut]
- 1/5 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cups soy milk or 2 cups milk [or rice milk]
- 2 large bananas
How to make it:
- Combine fructose, flour, and salt in a bowl.
- Stir some of the milk into the dry ingredients to make a thin sauce.
- Heat the remaining milk in a saucepan.
- Pour the thin sauce in the hot milk and cook until thickened, stirring constantly.
- Pour back into the bowl and cover with plastic wrap.
- Set aside to cool.
- Slice one banana into the baked pie shell and pour half the cooled pudding over this.
- Add the other sliced banana and pour in the remaining pudding.
- When completely cooled, this may be garnished with soy or regular whipped topping according to blood type.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Kamut|| 1 ,2 ,3 ,4 || N|| N|| A|| A|| A|| A|| N|| N|
|Spelt Flour/Products|| 1 ,2 ,3 ,4 || N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| A|
 This recipe uses ingredients with a high glycemic index.
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which are high in phytates.
 This recipe uses ingredients that contain gluten.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be high in chitinase, an allergen.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print:
- Revised Oct 03, 2007 at 09:49 AM By: Rodney
- Revised Oct 05, 2007 at 11:01 PM By: Don