Blood Type Diet Recipe
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
This recipe works for everyone with a few changes; making it perfect for a multi-blood type family.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (0 beneficials)
- Type AB (0 beneficials)
- Type B (0 beneficials)
- Type O (0 beneficials)
- Wheat-Free Fruit-Nut Muffins (or almost)
- Categories: Muffins
- Yield: 12 servings
- 1 c Rice flour
- 1 tb Baking powder
- 1/2 c Oat or corn flour (or spelt) according your blood type.
- 1/4 c Chopped walnuts
- 1/4 c Honey
- 1/4 c Canola or light tasting Olive Oil ( if you are on a low-fat diet, use only 1 tbsp of oil and 1/3 cup of plain or cinnamon apple sauce)
- 1 c Nonfat milk, soy milk, rice milk or oat milk -- your choice according to blood type.
- 2 Eggs; lightly beaten, or 4 egg whites or a 1/2 cup of egg beaters (lowest in additives I've found)
- 1/2 c Chopped dried apricots
- 1/2 c Fresh or frozen cranberries or Blueberries
How to make it:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.Lightly oil and flour 1 (12-cup) muffin pan. Combine rice flours of your choice and baking powder in large bowl. In separate bowl, combine walnuts, honey, oil, milk and eggs. Combine egg mixture with flour mixture, stirring gently. Stir in apricots and berries. Pour batter into prepared muffin cups. Bake 20 minutes or until muffins are lightly browned and springy to the touch. I image you could make this into bread too! Enjoy.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Spelt Flour/...|| 1 ,2 ,3 ,4 || N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| A|
 This recipe uses ingredients that contain gluten.
 This recipe uses ingredients with a high glycemic index.
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which are high in phytates.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print: