Blood Type Diet Recipe
APPLE CRUMB PIE
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
A wonderful pie
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (1 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (0 beneficials)
- Type AB (1 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (2 beneficials)
- Type B (1 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (2 beneficials)
- Type O (0 beneficials)
- 1 - 8 inch unbaked pie shell or 1 - 8 inch wheat free unbaked pie shell
- 4 large apples
- 1/3 cup fructose [or 1/2 amount agave]
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 cup fructose [or 1/4 cup agave]
- 3/4 cup flour according to blood type (if wheat free, add 1 tsp. xantham gum)
- 1/3 cup margarine or butter according to blood type [or ghee]
How to make it:
- Peel apples slice and place in unbaked pie shell.
- Sprinkle with 1/3 cup sweetener and coriander.
- Mix together the 1/2 cup sweetener and flour
- Cut in margarine butter or ghee until crumbled
- Sprinkle over apples
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes or until apples are done.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Agave Syrup|| || N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|
|Fructose|| || N|| N|| A|| A|| N|| A|| A|| A|
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which are high in phytates.
 This recipe uses ingredients that contain gluten.
 This recipe uses ingredients with a high glycemic index.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be genetically modified .
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print: