Blood Type Diet Recipe
ITALIAN SWEET POTATOES
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
My Italian mother-in-law got us all hooked on this one. It is great a side dish, especially at thanksgiving, but I have to admit I could eat it as an entree.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A Non Secretor (1 beneficials)
- Type B (3 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (3 beneficials)
- Type O (2 beneficials)
- Type O Non Secretor (2 beneficials)
- 3 sweet potatoes
- 2 green bell peppers
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- garlic powder and/or fresh minced garlic, to taste
How to make it:
- Peel and slice the sweet potatoes into 1/4 in slices and layer in casserole dish.
- Chop green peppers and add to sweet potatoes.
- Sprinkle with garlic to your liking.
- Then sprinkle approximately 1/4 cup of olive oil on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees, stirring occasionally, until tender.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients with a high glycemic index.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help the body to detoxify.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print:
- Revised Nov 12, 2007 at 04:41 PM By: Don