Blood Type Diet Recipe
EDNA'S O-FRIENDLY OYSTER STUFFING
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
|Contributed by: Edna||From the Recipe Archives|
This is a great wheat-free stuffing recipe I've created and fine-tuned for special occasions like Thanksgiving.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type O (2 beneficials)
- Type O Non Secretor (3 beneficials)
- 1 package of 100% rye bread (French Meadows 100% rye w/flax seed)
- 1 can of oysters (not the smoked kind), drained
- 2 large onions, coarsely chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, coarsely chopped
- poultry seasoning (that's what it is called, available in the spice section of the supermarket), to taste
- sea salt, to taste
- Extra-virgin, cold-pressed olive oil (keep the whole bottle handy)
How to make it:
- Rub the inside cavity of a 12 pound turkey with olive oil and sea salt.
- Tear up all the bread into course pieces and place them into a mixing bowl.
- Add the oysters, the chopped onion, and the chopped garlic.
- Sprinkle poultry seasoning and salt, to taste.
- Mix well.
- Stuff the bird and cook the turkey as you normally would.
The stuffing is fool-proof and comes out wonderfully!
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Chicken|| 2 || N|| N|| A|| A|| A|| A|| N|| N|
|Turkey|| 2 || N|| B|| B|| B|| N|| N|| N|| N|
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients that contain gluten.
 This recipe uses ingredients with a high glycemic index.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print:
- Revised Oct 11, 2007 at 11:29 PM By: Lola